LIMR’s Institutional Biosafety program oversees research involving recombinant DNA, pathogenic organisms, and/or human or non-human primate-derived materials (cell lines, tissues, fluid, etc.). Additionally, the Committee oversees all projects involving infectious agents (RG-2 and 3) and certain toxins that are on the CDC Select agents list.
It is the responsibility of the Investigator to submit the proposed research to the LIMR Institutional Biosafety Committee (LIMR IBC) for approval before the research has begun. A list of meeting dates and deadlines is below. You may not start your research until your protocol has been reviewed and approved by the IBC. Researchers using complete and submit the forms listed below and obtain approval from the LIMR IBC prior to starting any work on the project(s). NOTE: All submissions should be sent to [email protected].
- For Initial approval of a LIMR Biosafety Protocol, complete the Biosafety Protocol Form, Main and appropriate Section form(s) as applicable. (Section 2-Recomb or Synth Molecules; Section 3-Microorganism; Section 4-Biological; Section 5-Blood/Tissue/Fluid/Cell)
- For renewals, complete the Biosafety Renewal Form
- For additions, revisions or modifications to a current approved Biosafety protocol, complete the Biosafety Addendum Form
- For minor changes to personnel, complete the Biosafety Personnel Change Form
For additional information:
- LIMR Institutional Biosafety Policies and Procedures
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) 6th Edition | CDC Laboratory Portal | CDC
- NIH Guidelines – Office of Science Policy
- Biosafety Levels
- FAQs for Research on Genetically Modified (Transgenic) Animals – May 2019 – Office of Science Policy
- Animal Experiments Covered under the NIH Guidelines (PDF)
LIMR IBC Meeting Dates
The bi-monthly LIMR IBC Meetings are all virtual via TEAMS and begin at 2PM.
TEAMS Link: Click here to join the meeting.
- March 8, 2022
- May 10, 2022
- July 12, 2022
- September 13, 2022
- November 8, 2022