Inpatient and outpatient cancer rehabilitation
Cancer symptoms and treatment-related side effects can be addressed with rehabilitation. Bryn Mawr Rehab offers a comprehensive approach to cancer rehab, with inpatient and outpatient programs to help improve each patient's comfort, daily function and quality of life.
Working closely with patients and their cancer specialists, our team designs a personalized rehabilitation plan to address a variety of conditions, from weakness, pain and fatigue, to changes in bodily function related to specific types of cancer. Whether the cancer survivor was recently diagnosed, is currently in treatment, or has completed treatment, our team focuses on delivering compassionate care and achieving each patient’s unique goals.
Inpatient Cancer Rehab
Call 484.596.6000 Outpatient Cancer Rehab
Our team coordinates, as needed, with each patient’s medical and oncology specialists and has access to Main Line Health's wide range of cancer services.
Our creative, multidisciplinary approach
Our cancer rehab program brings together experts with years of experience and advanced training. Depending on the patient's individual needs, the treatment team may include physicians, nurses, care managers and physical, occupational and speech therapists. The team collaborates to develop solutions for patients and may utilize more specialized resources.
Inpatient cancer rehab
We offer an inpatient cancer rehab program at Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital, our 148-bed, state-of-the-art, rehabilitation hospital located in Malvern. Patients experiencing functional issues, such as weakness or disability related to cancer and cancer treatment, can receive comprehensive rehab services before, after or while continuing cancer treatment. Our program includes:
- Cancer rehab physicians specializing in brain injury, spinal cord injuries and disorders, and pain management
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies, personalized for each patient
- Psychological and psychiatric support and counseling
- Advanced technology to help restore or improve movement, including Lokomat®, Bioness Vector Gait and Safety System®, ReoGo™, Neuromove™, and more
- Integrative therapies such as Reiki and aromatherapy, mindfulness and meditation and yoga
- Innovative treatments including recreational, art, horticultural, pet and aquatic therapies
- Palliative care for pain and symptom management
- Care coordination for discharge planning and other services
- Peer mentor program including access to Main Line Health support groups
- Family training and support
- Home modification and adaptive equipment recommendations
Our inpatient cancer rehab services include comprehensive, multidisciplinary programs to address:
Outpatient cancer rehab
As part of our outpatient cancer rehabilitation program, we offer customized treatment plans which may include therapeutic exercise, lymphedema management, pelvic floor rehabilitation, aquatic therapy and pain management. Main Line Health also offers classes and support groups for patients and caregivers.
We offer outpatient cancer rehab at convenient locations in suburban Philadelphia, with specialized programs to address a variety of cancers and cancer-related issues including:
- Breast cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Gynecologic, genitourinary and colorectal cancers
- Lymphedema (tissue tightness or swelling)
- Cancer-related fatigue
The Main Line Health advantage
As part of Main Line Health, Bryn Mawr Rehab collaborates with providers and connects patients with comprehensive services at:
- Lankenau Medical Center Cancer Center
- Bryn Mawr Hospital Cancer Center
- Paoli Hospital Cancer Center
- Riddle Hospital Cancer Center
- Main Line Health Newtown Square Cancer Center
Main Line Health’s cancer care offers programs to meet medical, social and psychological needs, including clinical trial access, advanced genetics, nutritional support, nurse navigators, oncology social workers, survivorship programs, support groups, patient and family education and more.
To learn more or to schedule an evaluation with Bryn Mawr Rehab:
An inpatient referral or provider’s outpatient prescription is required to initiate patient evaluation and treatment services. Our staff can assist with insurance verification and explanation of benefits.