Commitment to the Community
Community commitment is in our DNA. Part of what makes our work at Main Line Health so rewarding is seeing how we make an impact on those we serve through our community commitment. Whether it's at the bedside or a community event, serving others is a natural extension of our community commitment of supporting and caring for those around us.
- Health Career Collaborative—This national program connects health care professionals with high school students from underrepresented communities (racial, ethnic and low income), exposing them to the healthcare industry and the different career opportunities that are available to them.
- Home Cook Heroes Program—Groups and organizations from across the region are invited to prepare a meal (baked goods, dinner and brunch) for organ transplant patients and their families staying at Gift of Life Family House.
- Quarterly Meals at The CYWA—Staff from Paoli Hospital volunteer their time preparing and serving meals at The CYWA, a Coatesville-based organization devoted to serving those needing emergency shelter, food and social work services.
In addition to these programs focused on community commitment, Main Line Health employees also participate in and organize several volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including:
- American Heart Association Heart Walk
- American Cancer Society Bike-a-Thon
- American Red Cross blood drives
- Holiday food drives, clothing drives and more.
Main Line Health serves patients at hospitals and health centers throughout the western suburbs of Philadelphia. To schedule an appointment with a specialist at Main Line Health, call 1.866.CALL.MLH (225.5654) or use our secure online appointment request form.