While Project SEARCH can benefit a number of people, there are certain practical, medical and legal guidelines that must be met before someone enrolls in the program. Project SEARCH interns must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed high school
- Meet eligibility requirements for Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR),have an open OVR case and the OVR counselor must be in support of the application.
- Maintain appropriate behavior and social skills in the workplace
- Take direction and feedback
- Communicate effectively
- Independent transportation and/or utilize public transportation when available for travel to and from the internship site.
- Desire to work competitively in the community Please note: Acceptance into the Project SEARCH program is contingent upon a satisfactory health screening to include substance abuse testing and flu shot, if required based upon the time of year. If the applicant fails the substance testing portion of the health screening, they must wait 12 months to reapply to Project SEARCH. Acceptance into Project SEARCH is also contingent upon background checks to include child abuse clearance and other clearances as required by Main Line Health.
With safety and efficacy data in mind, once the FDA issues full approval of the COVID19 vaccines, Project SEARCH intern will be required to follow Main Line Health’s policy for the COVID19 vaccine.
The policy will require all interns to show proof of vaccination and be fully immune by the start of their program. We will allow medical and religious exemptions, just as Main Line Health does for the flu vaccination.
To apply for Project SEARCH or to get more information, contact the Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital Project SEARCH Program Coordinator at 484.596.5853.