When you join us as a volunteer, you are joining a team of the best health care professionals. We live up to our vision of providing a wide range of health care services that enable us to provide our consumers with a superior patient experience. We believe our volunteers are priceless and consider them as a vital part of the health care team.
We have various positions that are open during the week or on weekends so that you can select a schedule that works best for you!
- Hospitality/information desks—Greet and direct/escort patients and visitors, deliver flowers and mail to patients, support nursing units and hospital departments by assisting with various errands.
- Merry Token Gift Shop—Assist in all aspects of this retail operation located in the hospital lobby. The proceeds from this shop financially support the hospital.
- Thrift Shop—Assist customers in all aspects of purchasing quality items at affordable prices. The proceeds from this shop financially support the hospital.
- Clerical support—Provide support by assisting with mailings, making marketing/educational packets and filing.
- Outpatient registration—Escort patients to appropriate areas for testing and to ancillary departments as necessary.
- Physical therapy assistant—Transport hospital patients to inpatient physical therapy appointments.
- Sterile processing and distribution—Make deliveries to the OR and assist SPD staff with various projects.
- Transport—Assist patients in wheel chairs to various departments or for discharge from hospital.
Our volunteers, who must be at least 15 years of age, are offered:
- Voucher for a free beverage and a 25 percent discount in the café or Java City
- Complimentary parking during volunteering shifts
- Complimentary influenza shots offered annually
- And, apart from all these benefits, volunteers gain the satisfaction of helping those in need