Provider Ratings and Reviews
Main Line Health Provider Ratings and Reviews (includes Physicians and Advanced Practitioners)
Explanation of physician ratings
At Main Line Health we hold ourselves to exceptional standards and we nurture values such as compassion, integrity, respect, excellence and teamwork. We strive to provide a superior patient experience. To do our best to ensure you are highly satisfied with your patient experience, we publish our providers’ patient satisfaction ratings to help you make informed decisions about which health care provider is right for you.
Answers to patient survey questions produce ratings for providers
We contract with Press Ganey, an independent, third-party organization that conducts patient surveys on our behalf. Patients who receive care at Main Line Health respond to our surveys; and we use survey responses to improve in areas where we can do better and remain confident in things we are doing well. NRC Health provides the technology to display ratings and comments on our physician profile pages.
Surveys are sent to patients via email or regular mail from Press Ganey after a patient visit with a Main Line Health provider. This process ensures that feedback comes directly from patients who have recently been treated by our providers. The patient takes these questions into consideration and rates the provider on a scale of 1 to 5:
- Patient’s confidence in provider
- Provider’s discussion of proposed treatment
- Provider included patient in care decisions
- Provider gave easy to understand explanations
- Provider spent enough time with me
- Friendliness/Courtesy of provider
- Would recommend provider to others
Patient responses to the questions listed above are converted using an industry-standard 1-to-5 scale, consistent with most other online rating and review websites (Yelp, Google, Amazon, Vitals, and Healthgrades). The methodology document for converting survey responses into online star ratings can be accessed here . The patient’s comments are also included, both positive and negative, unless they include offensive language, are objectively false, are unrelated to the visit with the provider, or otherwise violate privacy laws.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Main Line Health.
How are my ratings and comments shared?
Press Ganey survey is voluntary and confidential. Comments displayed on our website are anonymous. No patient names or contact information are displayed.
Why do some Main Line Health providers not have star ratings?
Ratings may not be present for certain providers because:
- Providers may not be employed by Main Line Health; we do not collect patient experience data on independent / affiliated providers
- Providers may be part of departments that don’t use the survey process explained above
- Each provider must have at least 30 patient experience survey responses in a rolling 12-month period
- Each provider must have at least five patient comments