The experts with the Main Line Health Lung Cancer Program are your partners in preventing, diagnosing and treating all stages of lung cancer.
Lung Nodule Program
Most of the time lung nodules are found by accident, or incidentally, during an X-ray or CT scan for something else. Ninety-five percent of the time these nodules are benign (noncancerous). Nonetheless, finding out you have a "spot" on your lungs and waiting for results can cause a great deal of stress and anxiety.
Early diagnosis and tracking of lung nodules is the most effective way to detect or rule out cancer. If a lung nodule found in the early stage is cancerous, it is much easier to treat than late-stage lung cancer.
How you can benefit from the Lung Nodule Program
Our Lung Nodule Program is located at Lankenau Medical Center just minutes from Philadelphia. If you have been diagnosed with a lung nodule or multiple nodules, our team is here to help you.
- We take a holistic approach to your care. Our team works together to evaluate every patient. We review your results, and assess your health condition and lifestyle along with other factors to make the best recommendations for treatment.
- We keep it simple. Health complications can get complicated. Our friendly program nurse coordinator helps simplify the process and keep you on track with follow-up appointments and treatments, as needed.
- We detect and treat lung cancer in the earliest possible stage. The sooner we can detect lung cancer, the sooner we can treat it. Identifying lung nodules early on and using standardized surveillance methods allows us to treat the disease before it becomes life threatening. By evaluating and tracking lung nodules we can also help you avoid unnecessary medical or surgical procedures.
Lung Nodule Program services
At Main Line Health we evaluate and track lung nodules according to standardized national criteria. Our team of lung specialists includes thoracic oncologists, radiologists and a dedicated nurse navigator.
For any patient who has had an abnormal chest X-ray or CT scan, we provide these services:
- Prompt evaluation, diagnosis and recommendation – Within two weeks of screening, our lung team thoroughly assesses your results and condition, providing expert guidance on next steps.
- Management of follow-up visits – Our nurse helps you "navigate" the process of lung nodule care and surveillance by scheduling and coordinating your follow-up visits and treatments.
- Ongoing communication – Our program physicians keep you and your primary and referring physicians well informed about your condition, any plans for treatment and treatment outcomes.
- Coordination of care – Depending on your condition, you may be seeing multiple specialists. We’ll coordinate all of this care for you.
Referring physicians, please call 484.476.2681.
When you have a chronic respiratory illness, everyday tasks can leave you exhausted and short of breath. Activities like exercising or climbing stairs can be even more challenging. That's where the Main Line Health Pulmonary Diagnostic and Wellness Centers can help. We diagnose and help manage conditions like: asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, sleep disorders and more.
From diagnosis and throughout treatment, Main Line Health cancer specialists (oncologists) provide compassionate care for you and your loved ones through all stages of cancer treatment.
With advances in medicine, millions of people are living with cancer than ever before. For that reason, we established The Survivorship Program—a program designed to help patients transition to life following treatment, by alleviating some of their common concerns.