I am a colon and rectal surgeon specializing in minimally invasive surgical approaches to treating cancer and benign (noncancerous) diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. I have a special interest in the care of patients with inherited high risk of colorectal cancer.
- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted colorectal surgery
- Surgical treatment of colon polyps, colon cancer, rectal cancer and anal cancer
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery and other minimally invasive techniques for preserving bowel function in patients with rectal cancer
- Surgical treatment of diverticulitis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, bowel obstruction and rectal prolapse
- Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence
- Surgical management of pilonidal disease (cyst or abscess at the base of the tailbone or in the crease of the buttocks), including flap reconstruction procedures for recurring or complex disease
As a colorectal surgeon, I am a strong advocate for laparoscopic and robotic-assisted approaches when appropriate for a patient, as minimally invasive techniques offer more rapid recovery from colorectal surgery. I also strive to preserve bowel, bladder and sexual function by using techniques that avoid the need for the creation of a surgical stoma.
A native of the Main Line, I am proud to have served on the medical staff of Main Line Health hospitals since 2001.
- Gender: Male
- Language: English, German
Accepting New Patients