Through Main Line Health MyChart, registered users can request “proxy access” to accounts for their children, someone else in their care or adult patients who wish to grant access, such as spouses and adult children.
This provides a single, secure location where you can log in and manage your own health needs alongside those of the other accounts you’ve been provided proxy access to.
With proxy access, you’ll have access to another user’s:
- Health information, including medications, allergies and immunizations
- Lab and test results
- Upcoming and past appointments, including the ability to schedule appointments
- Messages to and from the user’s providers, including the ability to send messages on the patient's behalf to their care team and request prescription renewals
Note: Parental proxy access is limited for patients 13–17 years old. Under federal and state law, there are certain types of medical information that a parent or guardian of a minor patient may not view without the consent of the minor patient. Because of these requirements, parental proxy access for this age group includes: allergies, immunizations, demographics, appointment requests, insurance information and customer service requests.
How to request proxy access
Requests for proxy access can be made by downloading and completing the appropriate form:
- Request for Parental Proxy Access of Minor Patient Under 13 Years Old (PDF)
- Authorization for Parental Proxy Access of Minor Patient 13-17 Years Old (PDF)
- Authorization for Proxy Access for an Adult Patient (PDF)
Other medical information may be accessed by requesting a copy of your child’s medical record.
How to access proxy information
Once proxy access is granted and you log into MyChart, you’ll see an icon for your own account in the upper left as well as icons for each additional profile you have access to. By clicking on an icon, you’ll immediately be shown options and information for that user’s account.
If, at any time, you no longer need proxy access to the account, the patient can request that you be removed. At no time will you have access to the patient’s username or password.
Proxy access is granted at Main Line Health’s sole discretion, and will be granted only if, and only to the extent, it is officially appropriate and allowable under Pennsylvania and federal law. Proxy access is also conditioned on proxy agreement to and compliance with the MyChart Terms and Conditions.