Get ready for your telemedicine appointment
If you’re new to videoconferencing, there are a few steps you need to take to prepare for your telemedicine appointment. This will help you get the most benefit from your appointment and will also help our telemedicine providers be of the most service.
Already have an appointment?
Main Line Health telemedicine visits occur through your MyChart portal and are powered through Zoom video conferencing. To ensure a successful visit, you must have:
- A smartphone or tablet, or laptop or desktop computer
- Good Wi-Fi signal and a strong internet connection
- Well-charged device (phone, tablet or computer)
- Flexibility, because with technology sometimes there are glitches that need to be worked out!
Downloading Zoom for telemedicine appointment
In order to participate by video conference, you’ll be required to set up a FREE Zoom account.
Once you’ve downloaded Zoom and set up your account, it’s a good idea to browse around Zoom to familiarize yourself with the program. You do not have to be a Zoom expert, however! Before your actual appointment, we will provide you with a dedicated, private link, through which you can communicate your needs in a secure environment.
Here are a few other suggestions for having a successful telemedicine appointment:
- Arrive 10 minutes early on the call (videoconference). This will help you stay relaxed and focused throughout the consult with your physician or provider.
- Make sure you’re in a private, comfortable space in your home or some secure environment where you can speak freely and openly about any questions or concerns.
- Do a practice video call to ensure your internet connection is good.
Call your provider office today or call 1.866.CALL.MLH (225.5654) to schedule a telemedicine appointment. For questions related to your telemedicine visit, please contact 484-580-1080 or refer to this tip sheet for assistance.