Your partner in your long term health care
Here at Main Line Health in the suburbs of Philadelphia, your family practice physician is your main doctor over the course of many years, treating the whole person, not just a disease or an organ system. Your Main Line Health physician is your personal physician, health advocate and wellness advisor throughout all the stages of your life:
- Diagnosing and treating common medical problems
- Helping you maintain good health and prevent disease
- Treating serious illness
- Maintaining your medical history such as regular screenings and checkups
- Managing and coordinating care should a specialist be required
Family practice physicians focus on caring for the entire family—infants, children and adults—and are trained in many subspecialties in medicine and offer an array of services including:
- Preventive health – such as well-child care, adult physicals, geriatric assessments, well-woman exams, contraceptive maintenance, school and sports physicals, flu shots and immunizations, weight-loss guidance and other risk behavior reductions such as smoking cessation
- Acute care for minor illnesses – illnesses such as colds and flu, sore throats, coughs, headache and in-office procedures such as skin removals, mole biopsy, laceration repair and preoperative consultations
- Minor injuries – such as sprains, falls and burns
- Chronic disease management – such as management of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, COPD, acne, diabetes, hypothyroid, depression, anxiety, allergies, asthma and complex disabilities
- LGBTQ Inclusive Care – providing a safe environment where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) patients, families and visitors can expect inclusive primary and preventive care services
Why choose Main Line Health?
Advanced training and experience
All of Main Line Health’s family practice physicians are board-certified and have exceptional credentials. They will be your partners in your personal health care.
Patient-Centered Medical Home—our commitment to you
Many of our Primary Care practices have received accreditation by the National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for Patient-Centered Medical Home. The accreditation means that your medical care is patient-centered and your family practice physician is the ongoing coordinator of your care for any support services or specialty care that you may need.
Convenient services and locations
For your convenience, there are often same-day appointments at multiple locations, and you can schedule your appointment online or by telephone. Main Line Health family practice physicians also have offices in many convenient locations throughout the Philadelphia region. There’s sure to be one in your community.