The board-certified experts at Main Line Health can help develop treatments to control and manage your allergy and asthma symptoms.
What are allergy treatments?
Main Line Health experts know that allergy symptom control is most successful when multiple management approaches are used simultaneously.
We offer the latest in comprehensive, personalized care that includes education on ways to minimize your exposure to allergens, and therapies to improve your quality of life through desensitization with allergy shots, as well as the latest medications.
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots) – long-term treatment for many people with allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, conjunctivitis or stinging insect allergy that decreases sensitivity and often leads to lasting relief.
- Immunotherapy (oral) – new FDA-approved oral tablets to treat grass and ragweed allergies
- Antihistamines, decongestants or combinations
- Antileukotrienes – help block some of the chemicals that are released into your bloodstream when you have an allergic reaction
- Topical ointments and creams for allergic dermatitis and eczema
- Corticosteroid nasal sprays to reduce swelling and prevent future swelling
- Eye drops – treat red, itchy eyes and conjunctivitis
- Saline sprays
- Epinephrine – an emergency treatment for anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction)