How to know if you’re suffering from chronic pain
If you think you might be suffering from chronic pain, ask yourself three key questions:
- Do you have pain that continues long after injury or lasts longer than the usual expected time for healing to occur?
- Do you have pain that interferes with daily life and/or prohibits the ability to work?
- Do you have pain that has not subsided after multiple interventions, such as medications, physical therapy or surgery?
The pain management experts at Main Line Health serve the Philadelphia region by treating a wide range of conditions, including back and neck pain, spine, and musculoskeletal pain as well as oncology-related pain and pain from damaged or pinched nerves. Other types of painful conditions we treat include:
- Atypical pain syndromes
- Phantom limb pain
- Post-herpetic neuralgia (pain that lingers after shingles have healed)
- Reflex sympathy dystrophy (RSD), a painful, chronic neurological syndrome
Our treatment services include nonsurgical approaches, such as physical and occupational therapy, epidural injections, facet injections and medial branch blocks, and biofeedback. If surgery is the recommended treatment option, we have some of the finest orthopaedic surgeons in the Philadelphia region—here to help you get back to a pain-free way of living. We also provide psychological support services to help you better manage the complexities and interrelationship of stress, anxiety, depression and pain. Additional treatments we offer include:
- Aquatic therapy
- Radiofrequency neuroablation
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Neurolytic celiac plexus block for oncological pain
Why choose Main Line Health for comprehensive pain management?
With locations and providers throughout the Philadelphia region, Main Line Health offers minimally invasive diagnostics and state-of-the-art treatment options for patients with chronic and severe pain. Our goal is to decrease your level of pain and maximize your mobility and quality of life. Each patient is thoroughly evaluated to diagnose the cause of pain and provide a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan. Most patients are able to go home on the day of a procedure. Frequency of treatments depends on the severity of the pain, the initial outcome and the patient’s level of tolerance. People choose pain management services at Main Line Health because:
- We understand that chronic pain can be a psychophysiological syndrome requiring a functional, behavioral treatment approach.
- Our program is intensive, outcome-focused and cost effective.
- 100 percent of patients rate their overall satisfaction with the Pain Management Program as good or excellent.